Personal Safety Tips
The overwhelming majority of classified ad posters have nothing but good intentions. While negative ramifications resulting from web-based classified ad activity have been extremely minimal, one can never be too cautious when it comes to personal safety.
It’s very important to always take the same precautions online as you would in the physical world. If your classified ad activity results in a one-on-one meeting, always remember to:
- Insist on meeting in a public place like a coffee shop
- Tell a friend or family member where you’re going or take them along with you.
- If you own a cell phone, take it with you,
- Trust your instincts. If something doesn’t seem quite right, something is probably amiss.
Check out these online resources for more information about personal safety
- http://www.getsafeonline.org or http://www.wiredsafety.org
- Perform a search on Google for “online safety” for even more information: http://www.google.com/search?q=online safety
By following these simple classified ad safety tips we can all make the online ad marketplace a much safer experience for everyone.